Friday, August 6, 2010

Yesterday I failed to blog because we had such an appointment filled day. I had lots of blood work, genetic testing, biopsy on lymph nodes and another breast biopsy along with numerous consults.

Blessed is the man who fears the LORD..... He will have no fear of bad news; his heart is steadfast trusting in the LORD. Psalm 112:1,7

After my biopsies yesterday I told Damola I was nervous for my results because this would possibly raise the stage of the cancer. Damola reminded me that from the beginning of this journey we have took a firm stance that no matter what size the tumor is, what stage the cancer is, and no matter what else the doctors may find we will not let that shake us because God already knows the answer to all those questions and he is going to take care of me. In Psalms 112 it tells us that if we fear and believe in the Lord we will not have dread nor worry because we know that he will prevail over all things. The question I had to ask myself at that point was do I trust that God will take care of me and my answer was of course. I know that my creator is kind, passionate, and has abundant love for me. Those key things stifle all fear that this disease may bring.

This morning we met with Dr. Neal to ask some questions and found out that the lymph node biopsy came back positive for cancer cells. This means the cancer is at least a Stage 2. When the doctor told me, I honestly didn't bat an eye, not because I am the strongest women in the world but because I prepared myself with scripture that promised me that any fears I have I can cast on my Lord and he will deal with them because he loves me that much.

2 comments:

  1. Love you! I really do.
    Have you and Damola decided on a treatment plan?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The plan right now is a double masectomy here at Mayo then 4-6 months of chemo at home (that time depends on how many lymph nodes must be removed) then radiation at home for 6 weeks then back to mayo for reconstruction. That is pretty concrete but could change i guess. The Doctors here are writing all the orders and working with the doctors at home. Love you too Hil!!!

    ReplyDelete