Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Stronger by Faith

Each morning I start my day out with a devotion and/or scripture and praying for the day that follows. This morning I read scripture from 1 Samuel. I had one of those light bulb moments during my time with God this morning. I have had so many people tell me how amazed they are at my strength, faith, attitude, and outlook through this time in my life and I in most instances answer with something similar to; "I give all the Glory to God or God has given me this strength, without him I would not be smiling right now." In the scripture God is referred to as the strength of Isreal. I realized that God does not just want to give me stength he wants to BE my strength.

God was Isreal's strength for a very long time but when they forgot it, they always started to fail and their lives began to be filled with destruction. I know that this is so true in my life as well.. SO many times I know that God gets me through a situation and then once everything is back to normal I try to regain control of my life instead of continueing to allow God to be in the drivers seat. This morning I vowed that I would never let that happen again. Hebrews 11:11 says that by faith Sarah recieved the strength to conceive a child. God tells us in so many ways that by faith we can recieve strength to get through absolutely anything. Join me today in deciding that today we will start recieving God as our strength by faith. It is sure to quicken our body, spirit, and soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment