Saturday, August 7, 2010

No hair days mean No bad hair days!!!

Over the past couple of weeks I have tried to prepare myself for all the things that could possibbly occur during this process, knowing of course that there would be suprises along the way. One of the most obvious is hair loss. I have talked about wigs, scarfs and hats but hadnt got up the courage to try any on until today. I decided to go to a near by wig shop and drag hubby along for opinions. I had read a verse a week or so ago in a book that a dear friend also fighting breast cancer had given me (Thanks Heather!) that gave me a positive outlook on this subject. "Your beauty...should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight". 1 Peter 3:3-4 This verse gave me so many wonderful ideas about how I oould look at having no hair a great thing. I can change my hair color in a split second, I can go from short to long and long to short in the snap of a finger and best of all NO BAD HAIR DAYS!!! Thank you Jesus for the gift of laughter, I am so grateful to have this wonderful gift ecspecially during difficult times. Thank you for my husband who laughs with me and keeps me laughing when I need it most!! AMEN!!

5 comments:

  1. No bad hair days are great. I haven't had one in a couple weeks now and I'm loving it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you would make a great red head.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My aunt had jet black hair wavy hair before chemo and it came back in auburn/red and stick straight. It was funny because her fav wig was one her daughters got her as a joke that was the same color. LOL Maybe you could go hot pink or lime green. I'm sure the girls would like that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Guess my e-mail uses my nickname...Kikki is Kristy :)

    ReplyDelete