Monday, August 9, 2010

Happy Birthday My Little Princess!!

Yesterday (August 8th) was the hardest day I have experienced since I have been in Minnesota. My little princess turned 5 and I wasn't there. Since the day after her 4th Birthday party Nevaeh knew that she wanted to have a luau pool party for her 5th birthday. We had everything planned for August 7th and then life slapped us in the face. Unfortunately her Luau party has not occured yet but she did have a family party with some of her very favorite people... Mimi, Papaw, Jaydah, Aunt Kay Kay, Uncle Sho Sho,Bryce, Nana, Aunt Sharon, and Cousin Alex. I talked to her numerous times yesterday to try to fill the void that I felt becaude I wasnt there. Last night when I spoke to her the first words that came out of her mouth were "I had the best birthday ever Mama!!!" Those words I know were God sent to ease my soul. I instantly had a perma-smile on my face for the rest of the conversation. Tommorow my family is traveling up to Minnesota and we will get to have a birthday party of our own with Nevaeh. Although I never imagined I would have to miss one of my babies birthdays, I know that it will ensure my ability to spend many more with them in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment